Local contractors, subcontractors, and other businesses are deeply concerned about the proposal to shift four Marco Island employees in the Building Services department to the Collier County payroll. The four employees are Robert Mahar, Bruce Yakola, Gary Konicek and Michael Smithem. The apparent objective is to “share” the time of the staffers. In view of the strong opposition expressed by the various businesses, the Marco Island City Council scheduled a Town Hall meeting on Tuesday, May 29th at 4:00PM in the Community Room on Bald Eagle Drive. The public will have an opportunity to be heard on the issue.
- To view our latest e-Edition page by page click the image on the left.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING... The Flood Watch continues for * a portion of South Florida, including the following areas, Coastal Broward, Coastal Collier, Coastal Miami-Dade, Coastal Palm Beach, Inland Collier, Metro Broward, Metro Miami-Dade, and Metro Palm Beach. * Through this evening * Periods of heavy rain will impact portions of South Florida. * Rainfall totals of 2 to 4 inches with locally higher amounts possible. Torrential rainfall will likely lead to flooding of poor drainage and urbanized areas, especially over east coast locations. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts. You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop. &&
...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM OVER THE WATERS... The areas affected include... Coastal waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL out 20 NM... Coastal waters from East Cape Sable to Chokoloskee FL out 20 NM... At 739 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated a strong thunderstorm, capable of producing winds to around 30 knots. This thunderstorm was located near D Tower, moving north at 5 knots. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Mariners can expect gusty winds to around 30 knots and locally higher waves. Boaters should seek safe harbor immediately until this storm passes. Waterspouts are possible with this activity. Remain on the alert in case warnings are issued for waterspout development. &&
Currently in Collier County
80°F / 77°F
- Famous Python Hunter Dusty Crum Scores 16-Footer During Florida Python Challenge
- “Wildman” Dusty Crum Makes Specialty Items from Snakeskin
- Big Cypress Expansion Underway!
- City Manager McNees Delivers Upbeat Update to Marco Realtors
- Former Marco City Councilor Roman's Visionary Idea Leads to "Flipping the Switch" on Faka Union Pump
- “Winging It” Over Marco Island
- A Full Day for City Council
- Lely Family Mourns Loss of Beloved Track Coach
- Island Construction is Booming
- Nicky Wire regrets Michael Stipe comments
The Wave 2021
- To view The Wave click the image on the left.