Beautiful wildlife spotted at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in the Everglades on a sunny summer day.
- To view our latest e-Edition page by page click the image on the left.
The National Weather Service in Miami has issued a * Flood Advisory for... Southwestern Collier County in southwestern Florida... * Until 200 PM EDT. * At 1115 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in the advisory area, mainly in the Goodland and Fiddlers Creek areas. Between 2 and 4 inches of rain have fallen. * Some locations that will experience flooding include... Marco Island, Marco Island Airport, Royal Palm Hammock, Goodland and Key Marco. Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. &&
...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE GULF WATERS... The areas affected include... Coastal waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL out 20 NM... Coastal waters from East Cape Sable to Chokoloskee FL out 20 NM... Waters from Chokoloskee to Bonita Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM... At 107 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated strong thunderstorms, capable of producing winds to around 30 knots. These thunderstorms were located along a line extending from 9 nm southwest of Chevelier Bay to 11 nm west of T Tower. The thunderstorms were nearly stationary. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Mariners can expect gusty winds to around 30 knots and locally higher waves. Boaters should seek safe harbor immediately until these storms pass. Waterspouts are possible with this activity. Remain on the alert in case warnings are issued for waterspout development. &&
Currently in Collier County
80°F / 74°F
- In Memory of Gayle Richter Favret
- Code Enforcement Reorganization Set Aside for Now
- Amish Recipes
- Marco Island’s Annual Road Resurfacing Project
- Black Skimmers Again Showing Signs of Sepsis
- North Naples Task Force Recount Surfside Condo Collapse
- Leadership Marco Returns for 2021
- Save the Malayan Tiger One Purchase at a Time
- Call to Artists and Crafters
- As of next year, Californians may have no pork
The Wave 2021
- To view The Wave click the image on the left.