On June 7th, 2012, the Marco Island Police Department and the Collier County Sheriff’s Office conducted a joint compliance review operation, focused on alcohol sales at convenience, drug, liquor and grocery stores. This operation was preceded by the Department’s pro-active educational initiative which demonstrated its value post operation after 100% compliance with applicable laws was observed. Our educational program, which is a partnership between the business community and Department, is designed to educate and assist local businesses and their employees in becoming more aware of their legal responsibilities when selling alcohol. During the operation on Marco Island, compliance checks were conducted in nine stores. These checks yielded no violations after alert clerks following the law refused to sell alcohol to the undercover operative without proper identification.
- To view our latest e-Edition page by page click the image on the left.
Currently in Collier County
66°F / 62°F
- County Approves STR Registration
- Stormwater Project Underway at Heathwood and San Marco Road
- Kids Living Their Best Life Through Boxing
- DUI Homicide Charges Brought in Naftal Death
- When Snowbirds become Flamingos
- In Loving Memory of Shannon Robert Vosburgh
- Marco Dance with Pride a Success at Center for the Arts
- MAGICAL MARCO ISLAND
- New Look Rays Win First Games in New Gym
- Jade Orchids
The Wave 2021
- To view The Wave click the image on the left.