Coach Wayne’s Corner

Tournament Tough Revisited

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Coach Wayne Clark talks about the US Open Pickleball Championship in his column Coach Wayne’s Corner.

Timely Traditions

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Coach Wayne Clark talks about the US Open Pickleball Championship in his column Coach Wayne’s Corner.

The Sport of a Lifetime

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Coach Wayne Clark talks about the Alpha Generation becoming lifetime pickleball players in his column Coach Wayne’s Corner.

Spring Ahead?

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Coach Wayne Clark writes about keeping up your game during Daylight Savings Time in his column Coach Wayne’s Corner.

Tournament Tough

Coach Wayne’s Corner

All of you who follow my column on a regular ongoing basis know that I have been focusing on goal setting, improving our strokes, along with increasing our consistency, and lowering our percentages of unforced errors. If you are a new reader, you can archive my columns at coastalbreezenews.com, and bring yourself up to speed in regards to where I am […]

Long Term Goals

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Once again, welcome back to my ongoing series of columns on goal setting. If you have been following my column for the last couple of months, then you already know that I have been focusing on short, mid term and now finally setting our long term goal. Long term goals should have a time frame, which will take months to possibly […]

Mid Term Goals

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Welcome back to my ongoing series of columns on goal setting. Hopefully you have spent the last couple of weeks drilling and practicing “no winners, no whining,” and as a result, your consistency has gone up, your percentages of unforced errors have gone down, and you are now winning more points and more games! In addition, hopefully, since you are so pleased with […]

Goal Setting: Short Term Goals

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Ok, so the new year is here and you have probably already not kept up with that unachievable New Year’s resolution which you challenged yourself with, so yes, I will have to use the L word, LOSER! However, if you are a regular follower of my column,  and after being called a loser, you are still reading my column, then […]

Goal Setting

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Many of us make New Year’s resolutions, which unfortunately, we too often never follow through with because we tend to over challenge ourselves with one big expectation of success. Because of this fact, I prefer goal setting. Proper and successful goal setting requires a combination of short term, mid term and long term goals. We need the expectations of these […]

The Gift of Giving

Coach Wayne’s Corner

With the holiday season upon us, we find ourselves busy with street parades, boat parades, tree lighting ceremonies, holiday parties, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc., and it seems that as we get all wrapped up in our participation in these events, we sometimes tend to forget the simple true meaning of the whole occasion… giving. It is my belief that […]

Category Pages are limited to 365 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.