Coach Wayne’s Corner

Formula 1 Pickleball

Coach Wayne’s Corner

Many different sports correlate, relate and connect with one another. Whenever I compete in a sport, I like to compare and utilize knowledge which I have gained from other sports and apply those strategies to whatever game I am playing. While I have never had the privilege of being personally or professionally involved with Formula 1 racing, I have been […]

Local Support

Coach Wayne’s Corner

With all of the issues going on in the world today, it can be difficult to find positive and happy news. Every time you turn on the TV or pick up a newspaper, it seems to all be bad news. Hurricanes, green algae, red tide, mass shootings, sex scandals, international, national and let’s not forget about local politics! The left […]

Find Your Comfort Zone

Coach Wayne’s Corner

For me personally, in all sports, I have always preferred to compete with players who are a little bit better than I am because I feel that such a challenge requires me to play at the top of my capabilities, and whether I win or lose, I am always learning. This theory allows me to understand and accept the parameters […]

Serve It Up

Coach Wayne’s Corner

The serve in both tennis and pickleball is a vital and important part of the strategy of the game. In the sport of tennis, being the server gives you the advantage of having first strike opportunity to take strategic control of the point. Because of the fact that you have two serves, you have the option of going for a […]

On the Right Foot

Coach Wayne’s Corner

As tennis and pickleball players, we devote a lot of time and effort to improving our game. We seek out the advice of qualified instructors to take private lessons and attend drill clinics. Many of us also spend time online, researching and reading reviews to help us make a decision on what brand of racquet or paddle we are going […]

Over Officiated

Coach Wayne’s Corner

I have been a sports fan for my entire life, and I have spent countless hours watching football, baseball, basketball, hockey, tennis, golf, Formula 1 racing, etc. Heck, I even found yself watching the World Cup of Dodgeball the other day on ESPN! However, my passion for watching professional sports has been on the decline in recent times for several […]

Stuck in a Rut

Coach Wayne’s Corner

In my last column titled, “Change Is Good,” I discussed how moving in a new direction can be a challenge and quite often feels somewhat uncomfortable. I think it is human nature for us to get stuck in a routine. Some routines are good and some routines can be bad. For instance, a daily routine of waking up in the […]

Change is Good

Coach Wayne’s Corner

There are times in life when you have to make decisions that are emotionally challenging and which require you to choose a new direction. As many of you already know, last year I assumed a full time position as a laser technician with Lenkbar Surgical Solutions, LLC. Lenkbar is providing me an opportunity for advancement within the company, which I […]

Construction Zone

Corner

If you have been by The Racquet Center recently you have noticed a lot of activity going on, and I don’t necessarily mean people playing tennis and pickleball. The Racquet Center is undergoing renovations. Gary Morton of Mor-Sports and his crew are hard at work, implementing improvements and upgrades at the facility. Mor-Sports built all of the courts at East […]

Equal Rights

Coach Wayne’s Corner

My initial plan for this article was that it was going to be titled “Why I Love Wimbledon” and I had intended to discuss all of the history and traditions that are associated with “The Championships.” Things like, the players must wear all white, and the lines judges and ball boys are all attired in Ralph Lauren. The ladies wear […]

Category Pages are limited to 365 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.