Community

Parade of Sea Life Memories

Remember finding that spectacular sea shell on the beaches of Marco Island? How about that “flying” sea slug? Come to the March 7th Marco Island Shell Club Seminar to see and hear our members share personable and memorable stories about their finds on the beaches near and far. The photo featured is of a Shell Club member who was very excited […]

A Communal Sharing of Valentine’s Day Love

A Valentine’s Day tradition was once again observed joyously this year at Mackle Park. The City of Marco Island’s annual picnic to celebrate the February day that honors loving relationships drew a host of hungry couples and families to the park. There a record number of residents and visitors on roast hotdogs and burgers and an assortment of other outdoorsy […]

What’s Next?

Ask the CFP

“Possibilities don’t add up, they multiply.” ~ Paul M. Romer, American Economist Question: I’m in my early sixties and considering retirement. During the 2008 recession I started a small business I hope to sell in the next few years. What suggestions do you have that may help me prepare for the sale? Answer: The 2018 Market Pulse Survey produced in […]

Getting Prepared For A Special Visit

Ask the Life Coach

Dear Coach, I found your column at the Coastal Breeze online as I was researching what to do on Marco Island when my partner and I visit my grandparents this winter. Although they know I’m gay, they have never seen me with another woman, much less the love of my life. I’ve let them know we are coming together. I’m […]

Tournament Tough

Coach Wayne’s Corner

All of you who follow my column on a regular ongoing basis know that I have been focusing on goal setting, improving our strokes, along with increasing our consistency, and lowering our percentages of unforced errors. If you are a new reader, you can archive my columns at coastalbreezenews.com, and bring yourself up to speed in regards to where I am […]

March Fishing Forecast in the 10,000 Islands

Follow the Fish

With March, we will begin to see warmer days and calm waters in the 10,000 Islands area. It is also when the seasons begin to turn, and spring is on its way leaving the cold and harsh conditions of the previous two months in the past. Spring fishing season is finally here! While the weather definitely does get warmer in […]

Legislative Protection for Condo and HOA Buyers

Law Matters

Buying a home or investment property is not without risk. Buyers should be working with experienced attorneys, Realtors and other professionals to avoid anticipated problems. But, buyers often move full speed ahead without professional advice. Many of these buyers feel that saving professional fees is more important than making sure their purchases is a good one and others do not […]

What is Efficient Time Management?

Stress Less, Live More

A key component of conquering your stress is learning how to use your time more efficiently. I specifically use the word efficiently instead of productively because I don’t believe that we always need to produce something in order to manage our time to the best of our ability. Efficient use of time is using it to meet your values-based goals […]

15th Annual Kiwanis Car Show

While DJ Steve Reynolds played “Feel Good” Golden Oldies, car enthusiasts eagerly inspected the glistening array of meticulously maintained automobiles on display at Veterans’ Community Park during the 15th Annual Kiwanis Car Show, offering something for everybody. The 170 vehicles on display were a testament to years of love, devotion, maintenance, and care…and pride in keeping a piece of history […]

Discover the Mysteries of Tigertail Beach

Tigertail Beach is a unique ecological treasure, with a tidal lagoon as well as the Gulf of Mexico bringing a wide variety of natural life to the park. One hundred forty Marco Island residents and visitors enjoyed learning many features of the area at the annual Friends of Tigertail “Discover Tigertail” event recently. Enthusiastic volunteer educators hosted eight learning stations, […]

Category Pages are limited to 365 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.