Ask the CFP

In Sickness and In Health

Ask The CFP® Practitioner

Darcie Guerin discusses financial planning for older couples in her column Ask the CFP.

Market Mood Swings

Ask the CFP

Darcie Guerin discusses the market volatility from the trade war with China and financial planning in her column Ask the CFP.

Good, Better, Best

Ask the CFP

Darcie Guerin discusses the changing market and financial planning in her column Ask the CFP.

At a Premium, But Not Necessarily Over-Priced

Ask the CFP

Darcie Guerin explains the bond market and financial planning in her column Ask the CFP.

Upside Down or Right-Side Up?

Ask the CFP

Darcie Guerin explains the inversion curve and financial planning in her column Ask the CFP/

Caveat Emptor

Ask the CFP

Darcie Guerin explains the difference between a fiduaciary and non-fiduciary when it comes to financial planning in her column Ask the CFP/

Less Mess, Less Stress

Ask the CFP

Darcie Guerin in her column Ask the CFP tells readers how long they should keep financial records and documents.

What’s Next?

Ask the CFP

“Possibilities don’t add up, they multiply.” ~ Paul M. Romer, American Economist Question: I’m in my early sixties and considering retirement. During the 2008 recession I started a small business I hope to sell in the next few years. What suggestions do you have that may help me prepare for the sale? Answer: The 2018 Market Pulse Survey produced in […]

Luck is No Substitute for Knowledge

Ask the CFP

“Confidence comes from discipline and training.” ~ Robert Kiyosaki, American Businessman and Author of “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” (1947 –  ). Question: Even though the market has gained back most of what it lost at the end of 2018 I’m still concerned and uncomfortable with volatility. What tips can you provide to help prepare for the next inevitable downturn? Answer: […]

Hedge Your Bets

Ask the CFP

“Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.”  ~ Clare Boothe Luce, U.S. Congressman, Ambassador and Author (1903-1987) Question:  What is a “bond ladder”? Answer:  A bond ladder is a portfolio of bonds with maturity dates spread over months and years in regular intervals. In other words, it’s a technique used by bond investors to hedge their […]

Category Pages are limited to 365 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.