Keith Dameron of Iberia Bank announce the next “In the Round” presentation will be held in conjunction with the Steinway Piano Society on June 27th. For those who have been to the local bank branch lately noted a concert piano in the lobby. The piano is a Steinway and Sons design, the Essex model. It is on loan to the bank for one year courtesy of Greg Billings and the Steinway Piano Gallery.
Meghan Brachle, Executive Director of the Society worked with Keith to present seven pianists for the “In the Round” concert. Each pianist was a finalist in the 2012 FGCU/Steinway Piano Young Artist Competition. The competition is designed for students ages 6 through 18 to showcase their talents and compete for scholarship funds.
Young virtuosos set to perform at the bank include:
• Martin Smith attends Cypress Lake Elementary School in the 6th grade and has been playing the piano for 6 years. He currently studies with Mingshan Kong and has been a winner in this competition every year since 2008
• Amy Wu is in the 5th grade at Pelican Marsh Elementary School and also studies with Mingshan Kong. Amy has been playing the piano for five years and this is her first year as a winner in this competition.
• Christopher Myers, a Pine Ridge Middle School 7th grader has played the piano for six years. He currently studies with Elena Hall and was also a winner in the Naples Music Club competition in 2011.
• Elizabeth Berg is a 7th grade homeschooler and has been studying the piano for seven years. Also a student of Mingshan Kong, she is a past winner in this competition and a winner this year in the Naples Music Club competition.
• Barron Collier High School freshman, Bennett Lanni has studied the piano for nine years and is a past winner of both the FGCU/Steinway Piano competition but also the Naples Music Club event.
• Andre Chu is currently studying the piano with Elena Hall and has been playing the piano for nine years. This Naples High School sophomore is a past winner of both the FGCU/Steinway and the Naples Music Club Competitions.
• Joseph Lang, Jr. is a senior at St. John Neumann High School with nine years of piano studies. A student of Lan Lam, Joseph is only one of a few students who have been awarded the Mary Jane Schneider Outstanding Music Award twice-a prize awarded to the overall winner of the FGCU/Steinway Piano Competition.
This is the first concert of its kind to be held at the bank. Seating is limited. Call IBERIABANK/Marco Island at 239- 403-5169 or email keith.dameron@iberia bank.com to reserve your space.