Winn-Dixie officially reopened its recently remodeled store in response to customers who asked for an improved shopping experience.
The grand reopening and ribbon cutting ceremony went off without a hitch, and customers were excited to shop.
“Winn-Dixie is deeply rooted in the Marco Island community and has established a history of commitment and service going back more than 21 years,” Anthony Hucker President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers said. “We’re excited to give our customers a store they can count on while continuing to offer a great shopping experience, providing exceptional service and the freshest products at the right price.”
With a new concept and features, customers will immediately notice the enhancements throughout the new store including:
- New facade signage and a fresh, contemporary color palate and modern store signage inside.
- Newly updated farm-fresh produce department including an expanded selection of fruits and vegetables.
- An improved bakery department with new displays and selections, including new crusty breads, delicious cakes, cookies and donuts.
- Improved deli with expanded grab-and-go meal options for added convenience, including fresh hot and cold sandwich assortments, salads, wing bar and more.
- New Smokehouse chicken, ribs, pork, and brisket- hand rubbed, seasoned and smoked for 12 hours.
- Updated seafood department with new sushi selections and expanded seafood varieties including fresh, whole fish and the option to select a convenient “Seafood Made Easy” meal to cut down on cooking time at home.
- Delicious hand rolled sushi prepared by in-house sushi chefs, ready-to-go or made-to-order.
- New SE Grocers Naturally Better product selection, offering a wide variety of gluten free, all natural, and organic products.
- Beach shop with everything from beach toys to towels and sunscreen.
- An in-store pharmacy with expert pharmacists available to answer any questions regarding health and prescriptions.
- Updated liquor store with a price-match guarantee on a wide selection of wine, beer and spirits.
“We are so thankful as Marco Island is considered an important community,” Regional Vice President Joey Medina commented. “Having nearly remodeled 100 stores this year, we listened to our customers and updated the store with a more contemporary look that features farm fresh locally sourced produce, heavy updates to our deli, a sushi chef, ice bed seafood department sourcing local fish when possible, expanded natural food selections including organic and gluten free options.”
The first 500 customers to arrive received a free Winn-Dixie mystery gift card valued between $5 and $500. In celebration of the new SE Grocers rewards loyalty program, the first 500 customers also received a Fuel Rewards code. This program allows customers to redeem and save 25¢ per gallon at a participating Shell branded station (limited to 20 gallons).
“The turnout was fantastic,” Medina stated. “Everyone was in high spirits and complimentary as they entered the remodeled store. Customers had a lot of fun dancing to live music, taking pictures with associates, and some customers even gave associates hugs as they left.”
In honor of breast cancer awareness month, a pink ribbon was cut and Winn-Dixie donated $2,000 to the American Cancer Society in Marco. Local entities such as the Marco Patriots and Marco Island Academy received donations of $1,000 each.
Check out the newly remodeled Winn-Dixie at 625 N. Collier Blvd., open daily from 7 AM to 11 PM. For more information, visit www.winndixie.com or call 239-642-9126. For more photos from the event visit coastalbreezenews.com.