This season, in the spirit of giving, Christmas Island Style (CIS) is dedicating its toy collection to the families of first responders in Florida’s Panhandle who were devastated by Hurricane Michael.
The Marco Island Fire Rescue Foundation has partnered with CIS in the toy drive. These two nonprofit organizations are working together tirelessly to help those in need this holiday season. Toys may be dropped off at the Marco Island Fire Department or Chamber of Commerce, or at Christmas Island Style events, before December 16.
The donated toys will be collected and delivered the day after the CIS street parade on December 16. Transportation of the toys to the Panhandle will be made thanks to the help of Tom and Lisa Mann of All Event Party Rental in Naples.
The entire community is asked to please help these families who have suffered significant losses from Hurricane Michael, and who are in need of help to provide holiday gifts for their children.
We, on Marco Island, remember the wrath of Hurricane Irma, and how we were blessed to receive so much needed-help from others. The toy drive for the children of Panhandle first responders is but one more way we can pay it forward as a community.
Toys for children of all ages are needed. Please do not wrap the toys.
Unwrapped gifts will be collected at the following CIS events:
- December 1, Annual Tree Lighting.
- December 4, Holiday Pets on Parade at the Esplanade.
- December 14, Christmas Movie at the Tree.
- December 15, Cookies and Milk with Santa at Mackle Park.
- December 15, Annual Christmas Island Street Parade.
Unwrapped gifts can be delivered before December 16th to:
- The Marco Island Chamber of Commerce, 1102 North Collier Blvd.
- The Marco Island Fire Rescue Department, 1280 San Marco Road.