Welcome Aboard to the 2020-2021 Season! The Marco Players Theater is happy to invite you aboard for another year of community theater! This season includes a boatload of comedy, two world premieres and a line-up of quality shows you’ve come to enjoy at The Marco Players Theater.
So, mark your calendar for the first show of the season which kicks off October 21st. Based on popular demand, we’re happy to announce a new Saturday matinee in addition to the Saturday evening performance and Sunday matinee. Early ticket sales will be available to ticket holders with tickets in safekeeping as well as loyal season subscribers. Individual tickets will be available for purchase prior to each show; refer to the sale dates for each show.
We are the longest-running community theater on Marco Island that has—so far—survived this pandemic. Because of our patrons and community support, we’re relieved and excited to re-open and announce six main productions for the 2020-2021 season. This season, there are guidelines that we’ve established. Modifications will be made related to the maximum occupancy, social distancing, and required face masks. Watch for an email that will explain the modifications in more detail that we are making this season to provide you with a safe, yet enjoyable theater experience.
The theater is recruiting volunteers for engaging roles in both hospitality and production. So, if you like working behind the scenes or greeting people, from a distance, contact us to learn about volunteering and attending complimentary preview nights.
We’re almost ready to sail into the season, so visit TheMarcoPlayers.com to check out audition dates, volunteer opportunities, and show details. “Permission granted” to come aboard. We are excited to set sail for a smooth season.
Main Productions for 2020-2021 Season
- By Garson Kanin
- Show Dates: October 21 – November 8, 2020
- Tickets on Sale: September 30 for Subscriber Advantage & Safekeeping ticket holders. October 7 for everybody.
A vulgar, crooked dealmaker comes to Washington with his girlfriend who is charming but lacks social graces. When he hires a reporter to educate her, he learns some hard lessons about betrayal, love and politics.
Produced by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
On The Farce Day of Christmas
- By Ken Levine
- Auditions: September 26, 2020, Noon – 2 PM
- Show Dates: November 25 – December 13, 2020
- Tickets on Sale: November 4 for Subscriber Advantage & Safekeeping ticket holders. November 11 for everybody.
By Ken Levine (“M*A*S*H,” “Cheers,” “Frasier”), an Emmy Award-winning writer, a comedy about Wendy who pays her charming ex to pose as her husband so she can keep her divorce from her religious mother. Havoc ensues.
Produced by special arrangement with Ken Levine.
The Spirit of Bay Manor – World Premiere
- By Joe Simonelli
- Auditions: October 3, 2020, Noon – 2 PM
- Show Dates: January 6 – 24, 2021
- Tickets on Sale: December 16 for Subscriber Advantage & Safekeeping ticket holders. December 23 for everybody.
A thriller ghost story about five people who gather in a supposedly haunted house to try to prove that the house isn’t haunted. A world premiere, the storyline is simple yet succeeds as a frightening psychological thriller. Produced by special arrangement with Joe Simonelli.
Laugh, Cry, Pee, Repeat! – Word Premiere
- By Patti Corsini Caroli, Carole Fenstermacher, & Natalie King
- Auditions: November 14, 2020, Noon – 2 PM
- Show Dates: February 10 – 28, 2021
- Tickets on Sale: January 20 for Subscriber Advantage & Safekeeping ticket holders; January 27 for everybody.
You’ll enjoy this joyride down the other side of the hill. Stories told as monologues and chatlines, these talented, iconic actresses just may cause you to laugh, cry, pee, repeat! A wonderfully funny world premiere by local, well-known performing artists. Produced by special arrangement with Patti Corsini Caroli, Carole Fenstermacher, and Natalie King.
The Bare Truth
- By H. G. Brown
- Auditions: December 19, 2020, Noon – 2 PM
- Show Dates: March 17 – April 3, 2021
- Tickets on Sale: February 24 for Subscriber Advantage & Safekeeping ticket holders. March 3 for everybody.
In this table-turning comedy, an elderly South Florida couple need to get their children off their backs! Fearing that the totally independent couple are unable to tend to themselves, the children won’t leave them alone. So, the couple—with the help of other senior folks—devise a plan to distract the children. They have announced they are nudists!
Produced by special arrangement with H. G. Brown.
With This Ring
- By Joe Simonelli
- Auditions: January 2, 2021, Noon – 2 PM
- Show Dates: April 21 – May 9, 2021
- Tickets on Sale: March 31 for Subscriber Advantage & Safekeeping ticket holders. April 7 for everybody.
A play written with love in mind. A wedding ring travels over five generations beginning with Irish immigrants at the turn of the nineteenth century and shows up again decades later in the 1960s when the couple’s grandson inherits it, then again in the 1980s, and finally in 2008. The deep effects that the ring has is different to each generation.
Produced by special arrangement with Joe Simonelli.