After a free pancake breakfast at the Everglades Airpark, the Friends of the Museum have planned a great program, starting with a parade highlighting the Barron Collier High School Band, antique cars carrying dignitaries, a mounted police patrol, swamp buggies, the Sarasota Sailor Children’s Circus, and much more.
There will be arts and crafts, face painting and fun for the whole family as well as a barbeque and a fish fry (for just $10 each). Afterlunch, Jeff Klinkenberg of the St. Petersburg Times, will be the guest speaker, followed by old timers’ storytelling and a walking tour. A complimentary tea at the historic Rod & Gun Club and birthday cake will be served by the Friends of Fakahatchee. Later in the day a free movie and popcorn will be served.
The following is the schedule of events:
- 10:00 AM Pancake Breakfast Fly-In at Airpark
- 11:00 AM Parade around Town and Pavilion open with Arts & Crafts
- 12:00 PM Opening Ceremony
- 12:30 PM Barbeque/Fish Fry
- 1:30 PM Speaker Jeff Klinkenberg at the Seafood Depot
- 2:30 PM Old Timers’ Story Telling
- 3:30 PM Guided Walking Tour of Historic Sites
- 4:30 PM Afternoon Tea at Historic Rod & Gun Club
- 5:30 PM Movie and Popcorn
Don’t miss the festivities in Everglades City! For more information about this celebration, call the Museum of the Everglades at 239-695-0008. To learn more about Everglades City, visit website www.evergladesmulletrapper.com.