The 7th Annual Jerry Adams Chili Cook-Off hosted by the Marco Island Fire Rescue Foundation was a resounding success whether you liked it hot, or not! Hundreds of guests sampled a variety of chili presented by 18 civic minded chefs. Whether you tried someone’s old family favorite recipe or many different creations in true foodie fashion, there was something for everyone. CJ’s on the Bay provided plenty of eats for those on the less adventurous side. What kind of event would it be without live entertainment? Adding to the festivities was none other than Florida Straits and local emcee for the entire affair was Steve Reynolds.
Proceeds from the Chili Cook-off went to support the Foundation. The mission of the Marco Island Fire Rescue Foundation is to provide financial relief for Fire Rescue personnel and their families in the time of injury and illness. The Foundation is also dedicated to establishing a scholarship fund for fire-rescue personnel and their children, supporting fire prevention practices, promoting fire safety and improving citizen awareness of the activities of the Marco Island Fire Rescue Department.
- New American Funding- Cheryl Stokes, Winner of the People’s Choice
- Sunshine Sisters
- Spice Girls
- Kiwanis Club of Marco
- Marco Island Police Foundation
- San Marco Knights of Columbus
- Marco Patriots-Erin Mia Milchman, Winner of the People’s Choice
- MI Nature Preserve & Bird Sanctuary
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church
- Marco Island Yacht Club
- JW Marriott
- Hilton Beach Resort
- Mango’s Dockside Bistro
- Hideaway Beach Club
- Island Country Club, Winner of the People’s Choice
- Marco Island Fire-Rescue Dept.
- Naples Fire-Rescue Dept., Winner of the People’s Choice
- Sullivan’s Brigade- Frank, Tim & Michelle Sullivan, Judge’s Overall Best