Each year in the spring, the Marco Island Foundation for the Arts (MIFA) recognizes a new “Artist of the Year.” This non-profit organization is once again requesting the public to submit their nomination for the 2019 Artist of the Year in writing and submit it no later than April 15, 2019. Submissions must include the name and contact information of the person submitting the nomination. Be sure to include adequate support information about the person or group being nominated including achievements, previous awards, and contact information. Slides, photographs, CDs, DVDs, recent reviews, etc., are helpful, but are optional.
MIFA’s mission is to promote the visual, literary, and performing arts in public places on Marco Island. The Artist of the Year award recognizes a person or a group with long standing service to the community, who contributes artistic excellence in the visual arts, performing arts or the literary arts.
Our previous Artist of the Year winners include:
- 2014: Melinda Trick, Veterans mural and portraits, visual artist.
- 2015: Tara O’Neill, President of Goodland Arts Alliance and visual artist.
- 2016: JRobert Houghtaling, musician, composer, songwriter and producer.
- 2017: Austin Bell, Curator of Collections for the Marco Island Historical Society.
- 2018: Gina Sisbarro, Sisbarro Acting Studio. Producer, director and writer of plays. Works with students and adults.
Please mail your written nominations to the Marco Island Foundation for the Arts, P.O. Box 1091, Marco Island, FL 34146.
The 2019 Artist of the Year will be announced in May and will be honored during MIFA’s annual Scholarship/Artist of the Year luncheon in June. We look forward to receiving your nominations!