This event has been transitioned to a VIRTUL RUN/WALK due to the COVID-19 crisis. On the upside, fitness has been encouraged more than ever and this is a perfect example to participate by running, run/walk or walking a 10k (6 miles) or 1 Mile!
The Virtual race can be run from any location of your choice. You can run, walk, jog on the road, sidewalk, trail, treadmill or on the tracks at your own pace. NO CROWDS!
Rules of the Virtual Race:
- Do this solo or with your household only and to follow physical distancing requirements with other runners on the road.
- All participants will also receive a t-shirt, medal and more fun surprises along the way.
- Download Strava or Map My Run to track your run/walk if you don’t have a watch (if you want to).
- Run, walk 10k or 1 mile on Race Weekend
- Record your run/walk using Strava, Map my Run, Garmin or another App. (only if you want to submit time) If you have a Garmin, FitBit or Apple Watch to track your run, you can use that.
- You can post your results from Saturday at 6:00am to Sunday at 7:00pm race weekend.
- Share photos during your Virtual race and tag Gulf Coast Runners and Coastal Breeze News on social media
This is presented by the Friends of Artis-Naples and proceeds will benefit Artis-Naples’ youth education programs. For additional information, please visit the website for Gulf Coast Runners at: gcrunner.org.