Marco Island Center for the Arts is pleased to announce the classes for the 2019 Summer with Art Youth Program. This is a time where ages 6 through 14 can explore, discover and develop their visions.
These June and July classes will emphasize imagination and creativity through maturing of a youth’s artistic skills. They will help build confidence and critical thinking skills while being fun. The instructors are teaching professionals and artists with diverse backgrounds in the arts. The Marco Island Shell Club will also be teaching a three-day class on Shell Art.
The classes being offered include: Mixed Media Art; Shell Art; Create and Design with Anything; Basic Clay; Story Building with Digital Media; Mini Clay Creations (Polymer); Collage Mania; Sew Cool – Creating with Felt; Collage and Paper Mache; and Fantasy Architectural Design. The digital media classes are for 10 – 14 years old. For full class descriptions go to marcoislandart.org or stop in at the Art Center, 1010 Winterberry Drive, Marco Island.
The following are the Summer with Art Youth Instructors:
- Matt Fazio is a talented emerging digital artist.
- Michael Grandi is an art educator at Seacrest Country Day School, as well as a practicing artist.
- Multi-talented Artist Karen McEwen, is an active member of the Clay Guild at the Art Center.
- Instructor Jennifer Norqual has worked as a graphic designer. She has a business in Tin City called Docks by Jen where she also teaches children’s art programs.
- Mixed Media Artist Marjorie Pesek is the creator of a unique art form called Layer Imagery.
- Tracy Pospeck is the owner of The Pottery Club and is best known as a potter, sculpture and mixed media / collage artist.
The Youth Art Classes is a summer must do!
To register for classes, call the Marco Island Center for the Arts at 239-394-4221 or visit www.marcoislandart.org. Space is limited. Sign up quickly.