A perfect Florida fall morning greeted the golfers at Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club for the 6th annual Marco Island Center for the Arts Golf Tournament, a fundraiser for the non-profit Art Center at 1010 Winterberry Drive. Proceeds benefit classes for children and adults, art exhibitions and events.
Scramble competition amongst the golfers was tough but first and second place were claimed, and the closest to the pin and longest drive winners were declared at the awards luncheon.
“We thank the players, sponsors, and Hammock Bay for creating a terrific tournament for Marco Island Center for the Arts,” said Chairperson Jim Richards.
- 1st Place – Grace Allmaier, Elaine Cormier, Barb Dalton and Lola Sinelli
- 2nd Place – Nancy Collins, Helen Donaghy, Brandy Simpson and Roe Tamagni
- Closest to the Pin –Elaine Cormier
- Longest Drive –Gina Day
- 1st Place – Josh Brown, Kevin Brown, Justin Hanna, and Jason Schooley
- 2nd Place – Scott Glutting, Matt Huneke, David McCall, and Dave Rice
- Closest to the Pin – David McCall
- Longest Drive – Ryan Kelly
Over 65 Division:
- 1st Place – Greg Cheek, Fredy Gsell, Jim Karter, and Tom Schwartzburg
- 2nd Place – Bill Cosgrove, Terry McCreanor, Tom Sinelli, Mike Wick
The Art Center thanks the 2018 Golf Committee: Jim Richards, Chair, Lee Burgin, Hyla Crane, Alisha Garcia-Pacheco, John James, Allyson Richards, Michael Richards, Bruce Robertson, Derek Tenney, Mary Vertin and Mike Wick, and the Board of Directors.
Marco Island Center for the Arts thanks Golf Tournament sponsors Jim Richards, Sparkle Carpet Cleaning, Integrity Insurance International, Inc., The Darrow Group and Mercedes-Benz of Naples plus hole sponsors, other sponsors and contributors. We also thank volunteers Debbie Boxson, Nancy Clark, Jennifer Kreidler, Elizabeth Rensch, Mindy Star Abbey, Harry Streamer, Ken Stroud and Courtney Sullivan.