I stopped writing my opinion piece for a few months. It wasn’t that I did not want to write anymore; so many things were happening all at once, it was difficult to concentrate and write a single story. However, with only a few days left before we go to the polls and choose the next leader of the free world, I thought it was not just my pleasure to write this column; but also, my duty.
Whether some of us like it or not, America is the leader of the free world. And it is because of that they watch our presidential elections very closely. What happens here; who we choose as our leader is very important to them.
Unfortunately, not living here in America every day of their lives, those who live outside of the borders of this great country develop their opinions based on false and one sided information solely on “reporting” done by probably the most biased and intellectually corrupt, deplorable press corps ever assembled in the history of this country.
This totally irresponsible so called “main stream media” demolishes and destroys the credibility of any person running for president of the United States whom they do not like or do not agree with. Not realizing that once this person is elected President his leadership and credibility has already been irreversibly damaged. Case in point was George W. Bush who was so maligned by this corrupt press corps that people living outside the borders of our country had already developed false and highly negative ideas about him; thinking he was a reckless “cowboy” or simply a “stupid or unintellectual” person. They were never once told that George W. Bush was the best educated president we ever had!
Therefore, before we go and cast our ballot as an American, our most important contribution to the future of our country; I am asking you to have one last moment to stop and think about the importance of this act. Do not waste it.
The world around us is exploding. ISIS, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia, China and unprecedented events in other parts of the world as well as the great division that has been created right here in our own country between races, between the haves and have nots and promotion of lawlessness and tolerance of disrespect for different religions, our flag, our national anthem, our first respondents; we MUST stop and think where our country is headed and by whom it should be lead into the next four or maybe eight years.
This is not a political piece. I don’t like politics. I like leadership. I like patriotism. I like love of country. I like respect of others and their values. I love my country. We should all be above politics when we think about the future of our country for the sake of our children, for the sake of our grandchildren and the generations to come after we leave this earth for better places (and I am not talking about mars.).
Without getting into the gory trash that is being fed to you by the corrupt media, both written, audio and visual I decided to give you a summary of what is going on around the world and bring everyone down to earth and into reality of what we are facing:
What has happened around the world since my last column?
- Vladimir Putin and Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey (our so-called NATO ally) became bosom-buddies and pledged to have deeper and more meaningful military contacts after they signed a huge gas line project which will bring Russian natural gas pipes through Turkey to serve European customers. This will give two dictators in the area vast powers over the Europeans who will be depending on this natural gas.
- President Sisi and Vladimir Putin celebrated strong ties between Russia and Egypt. Egyptian and Russian paratroopers will for the first time participate in joint military exercises that Egypt will host on the Mediterranean coast this month, the country’s military spokesman announced. This is happening as ISIS fighters started to attack Egypt in the North. Obviously, President Sisi has very little trust left for his American ally whose President openly supported the Muslim Brotherhood during the last elections in Egypt.
- According to state news agency TASS, Deputy Defense Minister Nikolai Pankov announced that Russia plans to expand its supply base in the Syrian port city of Tartus into a permanent naval base. Tartus lies on Syria’s Mediterranean coast between Lebanon to the south, and Turkey to the north. “In Syria, we will have a permanent naval base in Tartus. The corresponding documents have been drafted. Currently they are in the process of inter-departmental coordination,” said Pankov, during a meeting of Russia’s Federation Council’s international affairs committee. Pankov had earlier said Russia’s Defense Ministry was considering restoring military bases in countries where they had been based in Soviet times, TASS reported. All this while to US Department of State is either asleep on the job, signing awful deals with the Iran, bringing in illegals into the country under the radar of everyone who should care or busy erasing emails.
- Russia’s growing military ties with Pakistan should be a big worry for the United States. A top official and close friend of Russian President Vladimir Putin recently announced that there are no talks for sale of military equipment to Pakistan and that the recently held army exercise was directed at countering terrorism. And if you believe that, I still have the bridge in Brooklyn for sale at a very reasonable price!
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte who was elected overwhelmingly to office recently without any support from the United States Government since he was running on a “law and order ticket” is pivoting to China. He announced that he will stop military cooperation with the United States and start negotiating with the Chinese. Philippines should have never been lost to China as they are one of our most reliable allies in the Pacific. But leave it to the inexperienced amateur political hacks running the State Department and Philippines may also be lost. It has recently been revealed that what ticked off Duterte was the second-class person treatment he received from President Obama who publicly snubbed him. This from the same President who bent forward to try and kiss the hand of the Saudi King during his “apology tour! Philippines is a key ally of the United States. Not only they should be treated with respect, but they should also be treated as an important ally! I wonder if Obama’s treatment of Duterte was related to the fact that the Philippine President declared war on drugs, drug dealers and all immoral activities in the Philippines and he is doing something about it. Political correctness does not apply when Obama is faced with “inferiors” as he sees some of us!
- India, another great ally of the United States inked pacts with Russia to acquire advanced air defense missile systems, stealth frigates as well as jointly produce light-utility helicopters while our Defense Department was analyzing the “political strategies” of dealing with the Government of India.” The three projects are collectively worth an estimated $10.5 billion which we could have had only if we had professional leaders in our country instead of a bunch of partisan ivory tower professors running the show. Please remember India is a nuclear nation capable of waging a nuclear war. We should treat them as an important ally and not snub them as we do at every turn.
- North Korea has warned that it may carry out further nuclear tests and says it is prepared to launch a preemptive strike on the United States if U.S. nuclear forces mobilize against it. The U.S. has nuclear weapons off our coast, targeting our country, our capital and our Dear Leader, Kim Jong Un,” a top North Korean official, Lee Yong Pil, said in an exclusive interview with NBC News. “We will not step back if there’s a nuclear threat to us from the United States,” added Lee, who is director of the Foreign Ministry’s Institute for American Studies. And with all these threats, nothing was done by the hapless government in the United States. I repeat nothing!
- The New York Times recently indicated that “China has placed runways and radar facilities on new islets in the South China Sea, built by piling huge amounts of sand onto reefs. The construction is straining already difficult geopolitical tensions. The speed and scale of China’s island-building spree in the South China Sea last year alarmed other countries with interests in the region. After announcing in June that the process of building seven new islands by moving sediment from the seafloor to reefs was almost done, China has focused its efforts on building ports, three airstrips, radar facilities and other military buildings on the islands. The installations bolster China’s foothold in the Spratly Islands, a disputed scattering of reefs and islands in the South China Sea more than 500 miles from the Chinese mainland. China’s activity in the Spratlys is a major point of contention between China and the United States, and has prompted the White House to send Navy destroyers to patrol near the islands twice in recent months.” What has the United States government do? If I say NOTHING, would the reader believe it?
- Unarmed Russian Sukhoi Su-24 fighters flew within 1,000 feet of the destroyer Donald Cook, buzzing within yards of the ship in the Baltic Sea. — once coming as close as 30 feet in what U.S. officials called “simulated attacks.” Furthermore, a few days later a low-flying Russian Ka-27 Helix helicopter also appeared to take photos of the ship. These are very provocative moves which were met with virtual silence from our government who are more interested in the upcoming elections and not to upset our “friends” the Russians.
- Iran has established a military presence off the coast of Yemen hours after Washington carried out its first direct strikes against Houthi forces. Two Iranian warships were sent to the Gulf of Aden reportedly to protect trade vessels from piracy. Once again, Brooklyn bridge is still up for sale if you are interested!
- Our military desperately needs to upgrade their weapons systems, build new warships, purchase new aircraft and add more intelligent manpower to meet the dangers that we will be facing in the very near future We are not there yet and that is why our enemies are emboldened! We can’t and should not allow this happen.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The world is about to catch on fire.
Some areas are already on fire.
We are sitting on a powder keg.
Russians are not afraid of us.
They do not respect our leaders.
China is making bold moves in the Pacific.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Our enemies no longer fear us.
Our friends no longer respect us.
In a few days, you will have a chance to change this all for the better. Your vote will count. Do not stay home because you think the candidates are not worthy of your vote. This is a right you have and you must use it wisely. And these are the only candidates before us which we must choose from.
This should be one occasion in your lives when you do not have to go home with the one who brought you to the dance!
Think about the two or three Supreme Court Justices who will be appointed by the next president. Think how important that is for our future.
We need to change direction.
We need to do it now, before it is too late.
Time to choose between the “same old same old” or a brand new strong re-start to stop the decline and make the greatest country in the history of the world great again!
Tarik Ayasun is president of the Marco Island Charter Middle School Board of Directors and has given many years of community service to various organizations. Contact Tarik Ayasun at email@example.com.