Marco Island Center for the Arts invites the public to view the mixed media “Members Only Show” from February 4 – 22, 2019 from 9 AM to 4 PM. This exhibition was judged by Laura Burns, Executive Director of the United Arts Council of Collier County. With her fine art background and experience working in the arts, three winners and two honorable mentions were chosen from outstanding work.
The winners are:
- First place winner is “Reflections” by Pat Wheat. The medium is Pastel.
- Second place winner is “Reaching for the Sky” by Joel Shapses. It was carved out of Turkish Marble.
- Third place winner is “Babylicious” by Nancy Garrison. The medium is Photography.
- Honorable mention goes to Jean Ann Mau for “Inner Circle.” The medium is Fabric.
- Honorable mention for Ann E. Vreeland’s “Elephant” a Clay and Mixed Media piece.
The exhibition will be on display in the Lauritzen & Rush Galleries. The opening reception called “Second Tuesday” is from 5:30 – 7 PM on February 12th. No reservations are required. There is a suggested $10 donation for non-members. The Taste of the Arts restaurant is ZAZA Kitchen located at 1095 Bald Eagle Drive on Marco Island.
In the La Petite Galerie, the work of deceased artist Gilles Peltier is being exhibited. He was a self-taught, award winning artist who painted wildlife using acrylic paints. Peltier was recognized for incredible naturalistic detail. Before his death in 2016, he added his previous subjects to new landscape and environment designs using Digital Art. The work has been printed on aluminum or canvas.
Save the Date!
Guitarist Glenn Roth
Special Sunday Concert
February 10, 2019, 4 – 5:30 PM
The Gala “Celebrate Art by the Sea”
February 16, 2019, Island Country Club, Marco Island
Irish Party Band West of Galway
March 5, 2019, 5:30 – 7 PM