Monday, June 3, 2019, City Council voted to approve by a super majority (5-2) to allow a Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Marco Island. One of the rationales used to do so, was we have 236 liquor license on the Island. I guess two wrongs make a right.
A review of the November 8, 2016 election results for Marco Island are as follows:
Register Voters -12,348, Ballots Cast: 11,154. Yes Votes: 6,358 or 57%.
What is the answer to the following Questions:
- Were Marco votes casting their ballot approving for a Marijuana Dispensary on Marco Island?
- Why did majority of Council vote for a Marijuana Dispensary on Marco Island?
- How many Marco Residents currently have a Medical Marijuana ID card?
- How many Collier County residents have a Medical Marijuana ID card?
- How many Medical Marijuana Dispensaries are operational or planned for Collier County?
- Does Marco meet the Minimum Effective Scale Ratio (1 Dispensary for each 50,000 residents)?
- Who benefits from having a dispensary on the Island?
- Doesn’t Bonita Springs Medical Marijuana Dispensary offer home delivery?
Those Councilors who voted for this resolution to proceed must answer these questions at the next council meeting to demonstrate to their constituents how a Medical Marijuana Dispensary on Island is beneficial to the Island residents.