The very romantic grounds of the Old Sheldon Church Ruins, an historic church built in northern Beaufort County, South Carolina, recently was the location of the wedding of Brooke Dorothy Plank and Christopher Buccola. The reception was held at the Beaufort Town Center.
Brooke, a graduate of Lely High School, continued her education at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, New York, graduating with a Third Mate Merchant Marine License and a Bachelor of Science Degree. Chris, a native of Louisiana, also graduated from Kings Point. Since their graduation, both the bride and groom have been employedby the Otto Candies Company, working offshore supply vessels. All the bridesmaids and groomsmen were also graduates of Kings Point.
Brooke’s parents, Larry and Nancy Plank, formerly of Marco Island where they were active members of the Marco Island U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, Flotilla 95, now reside in Beaufort, SC, where the newlyweds will also make their home.
Built in the mid-1700s in the Greek Revival style, the Old Sheldon Church was burned by the British in 1779 during the Revolutionary War, rebuilt in 1826, and again burned by William Tecumseh Sherman in 1865. The Episcopal Church is currently the steward of the property.