Spring is here, and with it, the return of Marco In Bloom.
The City of Marco Island Beautification Advisory Committee is accepting nominations for the 2017 Annual Marco In Bloom Awards. The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, April 19.
The Beautification Advisory Committee (BAC) recognizes individuals, businesses, organizations, and neighborhoods which make great efforts to beautify the Marco Island community with the annual Marco in Bloom Landscape Awards.
A winner and a runner-up will be named in each category, and each qualified participant will be recognized at the May 1, 2017 city council meeting.
- Residential: Single Family -professional designed.
- Residential: Single Family – Personally designed.
- Commercial: Non-Residential (Zoned C1-C5).
- Condominium: Multi-family dwelling unit, condo complex.
- Cul-de-sacs: Adopted and maintained by residents.
Award Criteria and Eligibility
Nominations in each category will be judged on the following:
- Florida Friendly Landscaping (FFL) drought tolerant plants;
- Low water usage, minimum grass;
- Use of color, contrasting plants;
- Judged from street view only;
- Creativity, yard art.
Previous winners are not eligible to apply or be nominated within three years of winning.
Applications for Marco in Bloom may be obtained online at the city’s website: www.cityofmarcoisland.com. To nominate a property, complete an application describing why the nominee should receive the award in 100 words or less, include one or two photographs (non-returnable) and drop it off or mail it to: Patty Mastronardi, Parks & Recreation c/o Marco in Bloom, 50 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island, FL 34145. Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com.
For further information or with questions, call Patty at 239-389-5035.