About Mackle Park Community Center
• In2005 city council adopted the Mackle Park Master Plan.
• In 2009 staff proposed a new community center building.
• In 2013 the center’s 86 programs had over 10,000 participants.
• In 2014 voters approved the new Mackle Park Community Centerreferendum.
• City Council approved funding on June 6, 2016.
• R.E. Crawford Construction is the contractor.
• Tracy Blose is the onsite construction superintendent.
• Construction is expected to take one year.
• The old building, built in 1987, was 6,700square feet.
• The new building will be 12,000 square feet.
• The old “teen center” trailer presently houses park administration.
The Mackle Park Community Center, usually full of activity, stands empty, prior to the demolition that marks the beginning of construction of the new community center.