Interested in voicing your opinion with a Letter to the Editor? Coastal Breeze News loves hearing from our readers, but please comply with our rules.
Rules on Letters to the Editor:
- Coastal Breeze News will accept only one letter to the editor per letter writer, per 30-day period.
- All letters must be 250 words or less. CBN reserves the right to print letters that exceed 250 words if a reduction of text would alter the intended message.
- Letters must include first and last name, address and phone number. Anonymous letters will not be accepted.
- Coastal Breeze News will not include links or references to other media. This rule applies to social media posts.
- Social media posts that include insults, objectionable materials, or profanity will be removed at the discretion of Coastal Breeze News.
- Publication of submitted letters and commentaries is in the sole discretion of Coastal Breeze News.
With the upcoming election, there are additional guidelines:
- Letters endorsing candidates may appear on coastalbreezenews.com but not in print.
- Letters must be original and not part of a letter writing campaign.
- Personal attacks on a candidate will not be published. Social media posts attacking or insulting a candidate will be removed.
The above are general guidelines and Coastal Breeze News retains sole discretion on publication, format and medium for all letters to the editor.