There’s treasure buried somewhere on the Shiver Valley Ranch and someone is bound to find it soon! Come join our cast of local favorites and some new players as the Island Theater Company presents “The Treasure of Shiver River” by Flip Kobler and Cindy Marcus, sponsored by Clausen Properties.
This is the freshest old-fashioned “meller-dramer” you’ve seen, and it’s laugh out loud funny, to boot! All the traditional plot elements are here, along with plenty of interactive fun!
From the nasty scoundrel Rod Enreel, who will soon take over the Shiver Valley Ranch and find the hidden treasure, if Colonel Sanders can’t sell his cattle to come up with the mortgage money, to heroic Marshal Marshall Law, who would love to propose to Heidi Claire, the colonel’s daughter, yet he can’t. And yes, there’s always the vile option for Heidi to marry the black-hearted villain, though he only plans to do her in and abscond with the treasure and his romance novel-loving partner-in-crime, Paige Turner.
This is not just a sit back and enjoy show…there is plenty of audience participation throughout the play, as well as a chase scene that will include the whole crowd! Come and laugh along with us, be a part of the play with us, as we serve up laughter and fun for everyone!
The cast includes:
- Cathy Clausen as Lotta Luck, an ex-gambler and owner of the Shiver Valley Hotel. She is desperately trying not to revert to her old gamblin’ ways.
- Eden Krumholz as Scoop O’Malley, a young, eager newspaper woman, overly curious because “her readers want to know.”
- John Moulton as Rod Enreel, our villain; a man with a plan…or two…or twenty-six.
- Jean Rowles as Paige Turner, Rod’s girl, who loves Rod almost as much as her romance novels.
- Karen Anglin as Heidi Claire Sanders, our heroine who always sees the bright side of things and is the daughter of Colonel Sanders.
- Dick Bell as Colonel Ticonderoga Sanders, a cattle baron and owner of Shiver Valley Ranch.
- Kris Knudson as Rusty Nail, the auctioneer who is one fast talker but gets confused when he gets too excited.
- Andria Anderson as Gail Nail, Rusty’s worried wife.
- Ron Trebilcock as Marshall Law, territorial marshal and our hero; madly in love with Heidi, but reluctant to propose for some reason.
- Kris Knudson as Orin Gold, a grizzled prospector who is searching for the treasure of Shiver River.
- Carolyn Davis as Burlap Bonnie, an ex-pirate queen with enough maps to last the whole production.
- Judy Daye as Dr. Ophelia Payne, a con-artist pretending to be a German doctor; in cahoots with Rod Enreel.
“The Treasure of Shiver River” will be performed at the Rose History Auditorium, 180 S. Heathwood Dr., Marco Island on March 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 and 30 at 7:30 PM and matinees on Sunday, March 24 and 31 at 2:30 PM. Tickets are now on sale at Centennial Bank of Elkcam Circle, the Historical Society Museum Shop on Heathwwod, and on their website theateronmarco.com or by calling 239-394-0080.
Group discounts are available. To reserve seats for a group of 10 or more, call the Box Office at 239-394-0080 and receive a $2 discount per ticket and reserved seating.
Additional information can be found at www.theateronmarco.com or LIKE their Facebook page (Island Theater Company).