AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY CARES
Staff Partner, ACS Marco Island
Ever get stuck on what to buy a friend or family member? How about a gift that can help their health and fitness goals? The American Cancer Society has some great ideas for any budget that will make great little gifts for the holidays.
Happy Holidays and New Year from your local Marco Island American Cancer Society!
Information in this article and other healthy tips can be found on www.cancer.org.
This is an ongoing series of columns dedicated to informing the Marco Island community about the American Cancer Society, the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health concern by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service. The Marco Island American Cancer Society office is located at 583 Tallwood St., Suite 101 and is open daily from 9 AM-5 PM. For more information about volunteering or any of the events mentioned in this column please contact Sue Olszak or Lisa Honig at 239-642-8800 ext. 3890.
- Subscription to a health magazine
- Healthy cookbooks, visit www.cancer.org/bookstore
- Yoga mat and workout DVD
- Hand weights for in-home workouts
- Arm band to hold a phone during workouts
- Gift Card to an Athletic Shop (i.e. Sports Authority) or Music Service (i.e. Spotify, iTunes)
- Membership to a grocery delivery service (www.wegoshop.com delivers to Marco Island!)
- Deliver-to-door chef-created healthy meals or meal kits (ex: Blue Apron, Hello Fresh)
- Workout clothes (i.e. Lululemon, Nike, Adidas)
- Blender for healthy smoothies (i.e. Vitamix, NutriBullet)
- Gym Membership/Personal Training Session (i.e. Marco Fitness Club,
- Apple iWatch or FitBit to track fitness goals (Both sold on macys.com)