Nature Talks are held at 10 a.m. Tuesdays (Jan. 10 – April 25) at The Naples Preserve, 1690 Tamiami Trail North, Naples.The cost is free. 239/ 261-4290; facebook.com/friendsofthenaplespreserve.
Spring Nature Talk Series topic
- Jan. 10: “Hey Bob, what happened to your tail?” The legends, facts and mysteries of bobcats
- Jan. 17: Florida Forest Service’s champion tree program
- Jan. 24: Artificial reefs along Naples’ coast
- Jan. 31: Bird brains
- Feb. 7: Me and my watershed
- Feb. 14: Long-term hurricane activity in Southwest Florida – what it can tell us about future storminess
- Feb. 21: Swamp survival
- Feb. 28: Fins and feathers: understanding important links between our freshwater fish and wading birds
- March 7: Estuaries
- March 14: Florida panthers: coexistence and the road to recovery
- March 21: “Walk into my parlor,” said the spider to the fly.
- March 28: Rulers of the forest: eastern indigo snakes in Southwest Florida
- April 4: What’s in a name?
- April 11: Gopher tortoise habitat restoration at Barefoot Beach Preserve
- April 18: Orchid research at Naples Botanical Garden
- April 25: Flying jewels in the sky