Capt. Pete Rapps
Fishing trips are great for people of any age, but they really bring quite a few distinct benefits to families. With today’s high tech world, taking the kids on a boat trip is one way to leave them with an experience ripe with lasting impressions, as everyone gets to spend some quality time together. Memories aren’t made in front of a screen, memories are made in front of one another, and taking a trip out on the boat is a great way to make it happen.
Five reasons why fishing trips make the best family memories are:
- They expand culinary horizons. Kids can be notoriously picky eaters, but seeing just where their food comes from, or even catching their own food, can really help to expand their horizons and give them a much more varied palate. There is something special about pulling dinner out of the water. It’s something that children can really feel proud of, and they’ll always remember the taste of the time they caught dinner!
- They bring a sense of adventure. Going on an adventure is unforgettable, and a boat trip is perfect for bringing about that feeling of the open water full of possibilities! Young and old alike, most people love adventure, and going on a good one is something your children will never forget.
- They pull you away from technology. We’re overrun with technology nowadays, and being distracted by a glowing screen is not the way to make memories. On a boat trip it can be you, your family, and a full day of quality time in nature, and what can make better memories than that?
- You can share lifelong lessons. As the saying goes, “Give a man a fish, he’ll eat for the night. Teach a man to fish, he’ll eat for a lifetime.” Teaching the skill and art of fishing during a boat trip with your family allows you to share your knowledge and your time with them in a really beneficial and memorable way. These are skills your children can take with them for the rest of their lives.
- You can have fun together. The best memories are made while you’re having fun, and taking an afternoon to spend on the boat is a fun trip filled with possibilities. While you’re all having a good time, you won’t even realize that you’re creating the thoughts and memories your family will think back to when they want that warm and fuzzy nostalgic feeling.
I hope that these articles are educational and beneficial to you, and that they will help you become a better angler. If you have any questions or would like to book an instructional charter, please contact me. I also conduct free instructional seminars and workshops for various groups, clubs, tackle shops and other venues throughout the year. If your group could benefit from a workshop, please do not hesitate to contact me. Also be sure to check out our website for dates of future workshops.
Captain Rapps’ Charters & Guides offers year round expert guided, light tackle, near shore, and backwater fishing trips in the 10,000 Islands of the Everglades National Park, and springtime tarpon-only charters in the Florida Keys. Capt. Rapps’ top-notch fleet accommodates men, women and children of all ages, experienced or not. Between our vast knowledge and experience of the area, and easygoing demeanors, you are guaranteed to have a great day. Book your charter 24/7 using the online booking calendar, and see Capt. Rapps’ first class web site for booking information, videos, recipes, seasonings and more at www.CaptainRapps.com.