The Art League Marco Island’s Center for the Arts worked with focus and determination to relieve their debt. Now, as the new year approaches, Executive Director D Michaels, Ken Stroud, Board President Elect, Art League staff and volunteers are anticipating another active and successful year.
The Artistree in Motion tree painted by Inez Hudson is one way of thanking the Art League’s Angels of the Arts, Benefactors, staff and volunteers. It’s important though to remind the community of Marco Island to volunteer and support local associations and organizations.
Classes beginning in November at the Art League are numerous. Watercolor, pastels, stone sculpture, photography and even learning the harp are being offered. December 7th, the 1st Tuesday Art @ Five Social is from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Complimentary Appetizers and wine plus Outdoor Artists Exhibit Documenting Beauty and Change will be highlighted.
The 2010-2011 Board of Directors is as follows:
- Ken Stroud, President
- Nancy Carrington, Secretary
- John Dougherty, Treasurer
- Kathy Anderson, Mary Baron, David Caruso, Maury Daily, Inez Hudson, Aris Petropoulos
- D Michaels, Executive Director
- Linda Henell, Operations Manager
- Cindy Crane, Administrative Assistant
Volunteer Committee Chairs:
- Roberta Bresette, Artist Studio Tour; Sandra Montrose and Pat O’Rourke, Art Talks; Sandy Moore Howe, Celebrate the Arts; Cindy Crane, Hospitality; Sally McBride and Ieva Straatman, Library; Tara O’Neill, Gallery; Phyllis Pransky, Outdoor Artists; Claire Keery and Dianne Kuruc, Scholarships; Marian Miller, Clay Guild; Pat March Docents; Edythe Newbourne, Education.