Let’s clear the air:
- RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MEDICAL MARIJUANA. Medical marijuana is a wonderful aid for qualified patients and is legally available, with a prescription, in Florida. That’s fine.
- Recreational marijuana, on the other hand, is anyone’s mind-altering, reality-escaping, substance derived from the cannabis plant. It is illegal to use, possess or sell in Florida.
- Big money interests and some elected politicians are supporting movements to make recreational marijuana legal in Florida. Big bucks of profits and taxes are calling.
- If and when recreational marijuana becomes legal in Florida, selling it on a tiny island like Marco might not be particularly good for the residents.
- It’s not unreasonable to have Marco voters decide having a pre-existing ordinance prohibiting the sale of recreational marijuana on Marco Island. WE, Marco Residents, should make that decision, not the profiteers or politicians.
- If you’re a registered Marco voter and believe that the question of selling recreational marijuana on Marco Island should be put to Marco voters this year, please go to firstname.lastname@example.org. There you’ll be provided a petition to sign and a sample city ordinance.
- About 1300 signed petitions from registered Marco voters are needed simply to put the question on this year’s ballot.
- Above all, please understand the HUGE difference between medical and recreational marijuana. Not knowing that difference can result in a woefully mistaken opinion.
- You’re an informed voter. Please do get your petition at email@example.com for the chance to vote.
755 Plantation Crt
Marco Island, FL