Collier County’s five museum locations will reopen to the public. Museum hours will be Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 AM until 4 PM.
In order to ensure the safety of visitors and staff, CDC guidelines will be closely monitored. The following safety measures will be in place during museum openings:
- Visitors will be asked to socially distance by remaining six feet apart.
- The number of guests will be carefully monitored. Staff may ask guests to wait outside to maintain a safe capacity.
- Sneeze guards and stanchions will be utilized, and staff will use personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed. Visitors are encouraged to use PPE as well.
- Arrows have been placed on the museums floors to guide visitors through the exhibits.
- High-touch areas will be disinfected throughout the day.
- All interactive and manipulative activities have been taken offline, but all “look-but-don’t-touch” exhibits will be available.
- About Collier County Museums:
Collier County Museums offer five locations where you can explore more than a million years of Southwest Florida history: Naples, Everglades City, Immokalee, Naples Depot, and Marco Island.
Established in 1978, Collier County Museums are committed to preservation and education, giving you a glimpse of the rich and diverse history of Collier County and Southwest Florida using elaborate exhibits, free education programs, lectures, and free admission at all locations.
Each museum offers a different historical focus and an enlightened view into the distant and not-so-distant past that makes Collier County the world-renowned cultural center it is today.
For more information, visit www.CollierMuseums.com.
Collier County Museum Locations:
- Collier County Museum at Government Center - 3331 Tamiami Trail East, Naples, FL 34112, 239-252-8476
- Museum of the Everglades -105 West Broadway Avenue, Everglades City, FL 34139, 239-252-5026
- Immokalee Pioneer Museum at Roberts Ranch - 1215 Roberts Avenue West, Immokalee, FL 34142, 239-252-2611
- Naples Depot Museum - 1051 Fifth Avenue South, Naples, FL, 34102, 239-252-8419
- Marco Island Historical Museum - 180 South Heathwood Drive, Marco Island, FL, 34145, 239-252-1440
For more information about Collier County Museums, call 239–252-8476. For media inquiries, please contact Daniel Christenbury, Public Information Coordinator, at 239–405-1300.