The Suncoast Credit Union announces its partnership with the Consortium of Florida Education Foundations, and the local education foundation, Champions For Learning, to offer five $2,000 scholarship awards to high school seniors (graduating 2016) in Collier County. Seniors in communities served by Suncoast Credit Union have the opportunity to apply for financial support to continue their education, thanks to a $100,000 investment in scholarships this year by the Tampa-based credit union’s Foundation. Applications are now open and are available. Click here to download the application or visit www.ChampionsForLearning.org/scholarships
All applications must be received by 5pm on January 22, 2016 at the Champions For Learning office, 3606 Enterprise Avenue #150, Naples, FL 34104.
To be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be a current high school, college bound senior (Class of 2016), who is currently attending a public or independent high school or being home schooled in Collier County.
- Scholarship recipients must enroll in an accredited Florida 4-year college/university, 2-year college or technical school and begin classes in the 2016-17 academic year.
- Must have an overall unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale.
- Must have completed the 2015-16 Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to demonstrate financial need. (Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 0 – 5198).
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or an eligible non-citizen.
- NOT be Directors, employees, or family members of Directors or employees of Suncoast Credit
Union, Members Title Company, Members Insurance Services, Members Trust Company or Suncoast Realty Solutions LLC.
Applicants are required to submit a 500 word or less essay answering the following two questions. The essay must be typed using 12-point font and single spaced.
- How would this scholarship impact your education?
- What are your aspirations after college?
The Suncoast Credit Union Foundation supports education initiatives and the well-being of children in the counties that the credit union serves. Since its inception in 1990, the foundation has contributed more than $13 million, including more than 550 student scholarships valued at nearly $1 million.
The Education Foundation of Collier County
3606 Enterprise Avenue, Suite 150, Naples, FL 34104
239.643.4755 phone 239.643.4799 fax
“We believe the best way we can build stronger communities is by investing in children—specifically in their education, health and emotional well-being,” said Cindy Helton, Executive Director of the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation. “Through the Suncoast Credit Union Scholars program, we have the opportunity to invest in the enormous potential of students from our communities.”