Champions For Learning would like to encourage students in 10th grade from public or independent high schools in Collier County, to apply for the Champions For Learning College and Career Preparation Program. This program is provided at no cost to students and families thanks to the generous support of many donors including the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation, Naples Children and Education Foundation, Suncoast Credit Union, and the School District Education Foundation Matching Grant Program through the State of Florida and Consortium of Florida Education Foundations.
Students are provided with:
- College and career preparation program in Champions For Learning on-site lab (Summer of 2020 through 2022).
- Family workshops on college processes such as applications, financial aid, and college planning.
- Naviance, a web-based tool that enables students to stay on track with college access tasks as well as ACT and SAT preparation.
- Current 10th–grade student in a public or independent school in Collier County (and resident of Collier County).
- Minimum 2.5 unweighted GPA.
- Must satisfy credit requirements to be on pace to graduate in the spring of 2022.
- Must have good attendance.
- Exhibit good behavior in and out of school.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or an eligible non-citizen.
- Meet the program income eligibility: Eligibility is limited to households with a combined adjusted gross income for tax filers and earned income for those not required to file a federal tax return of less than $120,347. 2018 tax return accepted.
The deadline to apply for the program is February 19, 2020, and it is a competitive application process. To download an application, visit ChampionsForLearning.org/apply.