The “best summer ever” is right around the corner and the Greater Marco Family is offering day and specialty camps to make sure kids and teens in East Naples and on Marco Island are adventurous, active and healthy this summer.
Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore. But, for some kids summer means no access to recreational and educational activities to help them learn, grow and thrive during out-of-school time.
“Summer camp is an excellent way to ensure kids stay engaged socially, physically, and academically throughout the summer,” says Charlene Garcia, School Age Coordinator at the Marco Y.
Cindy Love, CEO, says there are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
1. Adventure: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors.
2. Healthy Fun: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition.
3. Personal Growth: Youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
4. Friendships: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
5. Memories: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime.
The Marco Y offers summer day camps at Manatee and Parkside Elementary Schools in East Naples and at the Marco Y campus for K through 5th graders; and at Marco Island Charter Middle School for 6th through 8th graders. Specialty camps offered include Theater, Mandarin, Tennis & Splash, Soccer, T-ball, Basketball, Competitive Swim, and Swim Camps (www.marcoymca.org/ymca-school-age2/).
The Greater Marco Family YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. To help, and for more information, visit www.marcoymca.org or call 239-394-YMCA (9622).