Marco Island Center for the Arts is looking for creative individuals, businesses, groups, and organizations to help increase the holiday spirit by decorating a tree for the Art Center’s annual Festival of Trees.
The Festival of Trees is a holiday event at Marco Island Center for the Arts and dollars raised benefit the nonprofit’s classes for children and adults, and art exhibitions and events. Founded in 2014 by dedicated Marco Island volunteer and art supporter Dave Rice, the Festival of Trees is a fundraising and community goodwill event. The 5th annual Festival of Trees is November 27 to 29, 2018. “We are excited to have people showcase their creative talent, providing a beautiful atmosphere for families that consider the Festival of Trees the official start to the holiday season,” said Dave Rice.
How it Works
Three-foot trees or smaller can be decorated with any style or theme you choose, so let your imagination run wild! Tree decorators will be responsible for providing a tree and all lighting and decorating materials. Electrical outlets are available. A limited number of spaces are available. Register early. There is no registration fee! Registration forms are available at the Art Center or can be downloaded at www.marcoislandart.org.
There will be a silent auction for the trees. This is a joint fundraising effort with the decorator and Marco Island Center for the Arts. Each will receive 50% of the net proceeds. You can also elect to submit a tree that is “Not for Sale.”
The trees will be judged by the “Marco Island Christmas House Decorating Committee” elves from 5:30 to 6 PM on November 27, 2018. A prize will be awarded for the first place winner.
- November 26 9 AM – 5 PM Installation of trees
- November 27-29 9 AM – 6 PM Festival of Trees and Tree Silent Auction
- November 27 4 PM – 5:30 PM Gingerbread House Party for Children
- November 27 4 PM – 6 PM Visit with Santa Claus for Children
- November 27 5:30 PM – 6 PM Festival of Trees Judging for 1st place Gingerbread Houses Judging for 1st place
- November 29 4 PM Silent Auction Closes and Highest Bidders Notified
- November 30 9 AM – 4 PM All Trees Must be Paid for and Picked Up