Join the Beach Advisory Committee and volunteers at the upcoming February beach clean-ups, which will take place on February 4th and February 18th at 8 AM, at South Beach on Marco Island. For more information click the Boards & Committees tab on the City of Marco Island website (cityofmarcoisland.com), and select “Beach Advisory Committee.”
8 Ways to Love Our Beaches
- Never, ever litter. When visiting our beaches, leave only your footprints.
- Share our beach with wildlife. Always walk around flocks of birds.
- Level the sand before you leave. Holes are dangerous for beach walkers.
- No live shelling. “If someone is home, leave it alone.”
- Keep off the dunes – they are very important to the health of our beaches.
- Bikes and dogs are not allowed on the beach.
- Glass is not allowed on the beach.
- Join us for a beach clean-up!