As a City Councilor I would like to list my accomplishments these past four years, with the help of the other councilors.
- With the help of City staff we negotiated with County EMS management and County Commissioners for a seasonal ambulance (5 months).
- Based on County’s position on EMS (ambulance service), I am a strong advocate for Marco Island applying for a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity (COPCN) to ensure that our citizens are properly provided for.
- Sponsor of the City’s current Fertilizer ordinance.
- Sponsor of the City’s current sex offender ordinance.
- Strong supporter of replacing the Code Board with a Magistrate to adjudicate code violation cases.
- My position on Veterans Community Park is clear. I supported development of the Park with my position paper and funds were budgeted to move the project along in phases.
- Sponsored an ordinance change to the Land Development Code that stipulates that all major renovations or changes to Site Development Plan must be reviewed by Planning Board and City Council for approval. Previously, this was approved administratively by Community Development Director.
- Dealt with several environmental issues.
Storm drains: worked with Public Works department to ensure that the 1,864 storm drain inlets are cleaned and filtered to prevent polluting Canals and Bays.
Waterway: Worked closely with my appointee of Waterways Advisory Committee to install Ocean Habitats in canal waterways to encourage growth of marine life. The City provided seed money to support the project.
Beach: Worked closely with my appointee to the Beach Advisory Committee with respect to maintaining a pristine Beach. We both personally met with the General Mangers of Hotels, Condos and Timeshares to discuss trash issues and further promote awareness of our sea turtles and migrating birds.
- Worked with City Staff and County Park staff to improve Tigertail Beach Park parking lot and signage to make it more people friendly. Also to install better signage along roadways to better locate the park.
- Worked with City Residents to have Resolutions placed on agenda for Council Consideration.
Supported a motion to defend Second Amendment of the Constitution. Passed
Supported a motion to eliminate Common Core Education Standards. Failed
I will quote a citizen of Marco Island, “Don’t vote based on sound bites and likability” Vote based on performance. I have a track record of honest, ethical, and factual track record for doing the right thing for all the citizens of Marco Island.