Read My Tips
Entries have already rolled in from the Player’s Club, Fiddler’s Creek, Eagle Creek, and Island Club and of course, Hideaway Beach for the 2nd Annual Open Doubles event at Hideaway Beach beginning Friday, March 2nd. Due to the success of last year’s event, past participants already sent in their entries last week; the first sixteen teams in each division are automatically placed in the draw and each one after number 16 will be placed in a waiting list! Here are some of the key particulars:
- New, new, new – 4.0 doubles for men and women. In 2012, we added this new and exciting division and play begins Friday, March 2nd at 11:00AM. We will play two rounds on Friday – Winners will move ahead in their draw and the first round losers will move into the consolation draw. We will have first place prizes for all consolation champions.
- Men’s and women’s 3.0 divisions – We will start play on Friday, March 2nd and will play two rounds of action.
- Men’s and women’s 3.5 – Attention: The women’s 3.5 division will start Saturday, March 3rd at 9:00AM due to the CTA League schedule. Therefore if you are a women’s 3.5 participant, you will begin play on day two of our tournament.
- All participants will receive a Hideaway Beach t-shirt.
- All winners and finalists of the main draw will win prizes.
- Entry fee only $30.00 per team which includes t-shirt, player-lunch and two matches.
- Player’s and their guests are welcome to attend each day and we will have lunch available for purchase for their guests.
- Entry deadline is February 28th but first come first serve with our 16 team draw limit – If you wish to enter, don’t wait until the end of the month or you may be on the waiting list.
- Contact Doug Browne: email@example.com or 239-642-2845.
- Specials offered in our award-winning pro shot run by Zahava each tournament day.
- Tennis draws prominently posted with scores and starting times for each day.
- Weather permitting; most divisions will be completed in two days.
If you would like to play but do not have a doubles partner, please contact Doug Browne as soon as possible and our tennis committee will gladly assist to help you enter the big event. Each division will play the best two out of three sets and if the score is 1-set all, we will play a Super 10 Point Tie Break. Hideaway Beach has assembled a huge tournament committee and the club will be proud hosts of this year’s event. Act now and sign up or it just may be too late!
The Marco YMCA is running their big singles and doubles flagship event this coming weekend. If you would like to participate, contact pro Paul Burrus as soon as possible. Each season, the Marco YMCA always has strong competition and it is always a lot of fun. If you cannot play, please visit the YMCA and support the players.