It’s Party Time!
As I prepare for my non-stop, 24-hour consecutive paddle of a kayak around Marco Island on the weekend of March 30th and 31st, I have received many questions and concerns about this attempt. Last edition’s Q & A in the Coastal Breeze answered questions of safety, where the money raised will go and sponsorship opportunities. Below, readers can find answers to the more exciting questions: where the Kayak Marco 24 party will be thrown and what they can win if they attend.
Q: How was the money raised from last years Kayak Marco 24 fundraiser used for?
We were able to provide $600 to a family we sponsor in Mexico to contribute to their basic living needs and food. $1,000 was donated to the “IMPACT” program through the Family Church. It was used as seed money for the community “BACK TO SCHOOL FREE BACKPACK DAY” that occurred on Marco Island last August at Mackle Park. Other funds were split between other local organization and many donations were made on behalf of Kayak Marco 24 directly to www.partnersinmalawi.com.
It was unfortunate that we did not reach our fundraising goal, but the money raised still made a huge difference in many people’s lives.
Q: What events do you have planned for “KAYAK MARCO 24” that the public can participate in?
We will be hosting several events that will be fun and open to the public. The primary tool we are using to raise funds is through selling raffle tickets. Prizes for the raffle include over 50 different items including wave runner tours, original paintings by local artists, sunset boat tours, kayak tours, golf apparel and equipment, a variety of gift certificates to local businesses and restaurants and other great prizes. The Grand Prize is a Marco Island Weekend Getaway which includes a two-night stay at The Holiday Inn at Sunset Cove with two water sport tours of your choice from Dreamlander Tours during your stay.
The raffle tickets and drawings will be held at two separate special events: A “Pre-Paddle Party” and a “Post Paddle Party.” Winners need not be present during the drawings. “Pre-Paddle Kayak Marco 24” will be held at the world famous Snook Inn Chickee Bar area (1215 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island), on Saturday, March 23rd, from 2 to 5 PM.
The “Post-Paddle Kayak Marco 24” party will be held at the same location on Saturday, April 6th from 2 to 5 PM. The Grand Prize weekend getaway package will be given away a the Post-Party.
Through Facebook, friends and family from around the world have been generous enough to donate to the cause and, therefore, will also have a raffle drawn for them even though they won’t be with us.
Those who purchase raffle tickets simply need to fill out their name and phone number on each ticket. If not present, Kayak Marco 24 will reach out to arrange pick-up of the lucky winner’s gift.
Both special events will feature excellent live music. A cash bar and full menu are available throughout each event.
Q: What can our readers do to help or participate?
Readers can help in the following ways:
1. Buy raffle tickets. At $5 each or $20 for 5, this is the easiest way to help. This also gives you chances to win one or more of the many great prize packages and giveaways that will be offered. Raffle tickets can be purchased during the events at the Snook Inn. Those who purchase tickets will have multiple chances to win, many incredible prizes!
2. Send check donations to “KAYAK MARCO 24” with a footnote reading “MEXICO” “MALAWI” or “WELLS” if you would like to choose which organization or family benefit from your generosity. Please make sure to include your mailing address so we can send you raffle tickets in the mail. You will receive one ticket for every $5 donated. Send checks to Steven Banks c/o KAYAK MARCO 24, 2701 55TH TERRACE SW, NAPLES, FL 34116. To pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) please call 239-331-3775 to verbally process your generous donation.
3. Go to either www.partnersinmalawi.org or www.bloodwatermissions.org to donate directly to these organizations KAYAK MARCO 24 will be supporting. We will also, again, support the family in Mexico. This is also the best way to donate if you would prefer to receive a tax write off for you donations. Please make a note of “KAYAK MARCO 24” on any donations made directly to either organization for record keeping purposes. Raffle tickets will still be distributed if you provide us with proof of your donation to either organization.
4. Attend the “PRE-PADDLE” & “POST-PADDLE” celebrations at the Snook Inn. Showing your support means the world to all the people that we are trying to help.
5. The easiest way to help these organizations for anyone, is to invite your family and friends to join you on anyone of Dreamlander Tours’s amazing Dolphins & Friends boat, wave runner, kayak, or stand up paddle board tours. Remember, $2 from every tour guest goes directly to our philanthropy fund. Get a great tour and make a difference in people’s lives all over the world. It’s easy. See our ad in this issue of Coastal Breeze, visit our website at www.dreamlandertours.com or call 239-331-3775 for tour reservations.
Thanks in advance to everyone who supports this tremendous cause. We can’t do it without you! If you have any other questions, feel free to call me at 239-331-3775. God bless.[email_link]