Tennis Coordinator and Pro
Raul will teach the following Tennis Classes at the Greater Marco Family YMCA:
“Stroke of the Week” Clinic on Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Adult Tennis Clinic for Intermediate players 3.0 to 3.5 on Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Adult Cardio Tennis on Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Raul also will provide a racket re- stringing service to members and the general public
Raul Saad resides in Naples, FL and is married to his wife Gabriela and has two children, Dylan and Micaela.
Raul Saad, formerly the Director of Tennis at the United States Tennis Association Player Development Headquarters at Key Biscayne, is a US Professional Tennis Association “Master Professional”, a certification achieved by less than 1% of Coaching Professionals World-wide.
Saad was a High School State Champion and a 3 time Collegiate All American, winning the Collegiate National Championship in 1984. He served as a Graduate Assistant Coach at the University of Tennessee where the team was the SEC Conference Champion and achieved a top 3 national ranking. At UT, Saad earned his Master Degree with academic honors. He also served as the Head Coach for Carson-Newman College where he coached the team to a runner up finish in the Conference and a top 10 National ranking.
Raul has coached hundreds of players with State, Sectional, National and World rankings, having excelled at every level of coaching:
1) At the Junior level he coached 48 State Champions, over 250 players with National ranking, a USA Junior Davis Cup Member, 2 Orange Bowl Champions (World Championship), and 2 Juniors who achieved a year end ranking of #1 in the World
2) At the Collegiate level he coached the #1 ranked doubles team in the USA, coached two different teams to a top 10 National ranking, and coached 15 Collegiate All Americans
3) At the professional level he coached 22 ATP and WTA World ranked Professional players, including 2 Australian Open Doubles Semifinalist, and an Argentinean Davis Cup player. He achieved direct coaching wins over several top 10 world ranked players.
Additionally, Saad selected as a US National Coach to travel with the National Team representing the USA in international competitions and was awarded the USPTA “National Touring Coach of the Year.”
Saad is a respected author and lecturer, having written many articles and studies published in sport science Newsletters and national magazines and having been featured as a speaker in numerous symposiums and seminars throughout the US and abroad. He also was the Host and Producer of “Between the Lines” a weekly tennis TV program, which reached an audience of 500,00 people.
Saad has won many awards including:
USPTA National Club Manager of the Year.
- USPTA National Touring Coach of the Year.
- USPTA National Seminar Contest winner.
- USPTA Middle States Tester of the Year.
- USPTA Middle States Professional of the Year.
- USPTA Middle States Touring Coach of the Year.
- USPTA Middle States Seminar Contest winner.
- USPTA Middle States Rookie Pro of the Year.
- USTA Southern Tournament of the Year.
Coach Saad holds the “USA High Performance Coach” Certification, endorsed by all the tennis coaching government bodies: USTA, USPTA, and PTR. He also held USPTA top 10 National rankings in Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles and served as a member of the Head, Reebok and Bolle National Advisory Staff and Speaker’s bureaus.