By Orlando Attractions Magazine
It was another record-breaking year with final 2011 visitation numbers revealing that Orlando welcomed 55.1 million visitors. That’s up 7.2 percent from last year’s record setting 51.4 million.
• There is a brand new ride at Universal Orlando officially opened the beginning of July, Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem.
• Over at the Magic Kingdom, the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak water play area opened in the Storybook Circus area of New Fantasyland.
• Also, a new permanent meet and greet area is now open by the entrance to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The meet and greet takes place in the area of the short lived Tigger’s Bounce Spot.
• The second spinner of the dueling Dumbos has been revealed as well but hasn’t started spinning with guests quite yet. Remember, the interactive queue, Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station and the second spinner of the dueling Dumbos all officially open next month.
• In other opening news, Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure at Epcot is open. The game, similar to the former Kim Possible game, brings the fun of the hit Phineas and Ferb TV show to the park. Only the Japan mission was open at the time of our visit but different missions will eventually be available in Mexico, France, Germany, Norway, China and the United Kingdom. Check out our Youtube channel for a video of the testing.
• Summer Nights continues every night through August 12th at Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando offers a new musical score for the fireworks show.
Next up: preparations for Halloween!
For more information on these news items, including videos and photos, visit attractionsmagazine.com. While you’re there, don’t forget to buy your copy of our new Summer issue. You can also download all our issues in our free app in the iTunes store. And don’t forget to watch Orlando Attractions Magazine – The Show at the first of each month. The July episode is due out in just a few weeks, but you can watch all of our shows now on Bright house cable TV, on iTunes and on YouTube in HD.