By Coastal Breeze News Staff
Marco Island Charter Middle School to put on the musical play ‘Cinderella’. The production featured a cast of over 100, including Starz and Starz II students, as well as the entire 6th grade chorus.
Karen Raymond, teacher and production manager, created an updated adaptation of the play adding three new songs and picking a great cast. Rehearsals took place after school or on weekends. The behind the scenes effort that goes into each production is phenomenal and each performance at the school is a tribute to the patience and creativity of Mrs. Raymond. Coastal Breeze News attended a rehearsal and photographed some of the main characters including:
• Cinderella performed by Ashley Johnson.
• Prince by Jacob Hartman
• King played by Max Rufatt (not pictured.)
• Queen portrayed by Marissa Mengelkoch.
• Portia was played by Sophie Torres.
• Joy as played by Kamryn Bertrand.
• Stepmother by Emily Orgass.
• Fairy Godmother performed by Annie Palys.
• Herald performed by Ethan Dorestin.
• Chef brought to life by Josiah Hurtley.
As a musical, cast members had to sing as well as perform their lines. Parents and friends in attendance pay little mind to some of the things that turn a good performance into a great play, things like the scenery, props, lighting and sound. However each was an integral part of the production as taught by Mrs. Raymond.