IBERIABANK’s “In The Round” #35
Collier County Commissioner Donna Fiala, City Councilor Bill Trotter and City Manager Steve Thompson will be presenting and answering questions from our guests about Marco Island’s C.R.A. project as we kick off IBERIABANK’s “In The Round” lecture series for 2010.
Every Islander needs to know all of the pros and cons of the coming C.R.A. project and have input into the process. Now is the time to get involved.
Community Redevelopment Area: “Adopted in 1969, it is intended to help communities revitalize downtowns, preserve historic structures, and otherwise enhance the designated CRA district.”
Questions to which YOU should know the answers include:
- If the “Town Center” CRA is not the shopping center, then just what is it?
- What is a “Finding of Necessity” and why is it needed?
- Tax increment financing is needed, but what is it and how does it affect me?
- Taxable valuations from 2007 thru 2009 are down 29.9% in the Town Center designated area so how can we afford this?
- Where does the money for this come from….higher taxes?
- The CRA requires a “slum” or “blighted” area……on Marco?? Where??
- Who controls the funding for this big project?
- Why should I care? Why is this good? What is the bad?
These questions and more will be answered during this very important “In The Round” as our City begins to address the future of “downtown” Marco Island.
WHEN: March 4, 2010 WHERE: IBERIABANK
Refreshments: 6:30pm 605 Bald Eagle Dr.
Presentation: 7:00pm Marco Island, FL. 34145
Q & A: 8:00pm Phone: 239-403-5169
SEATING IS LIMITED TO 80 ATTENDEES-CALL 403-5169 NOW FOR RESERVATIONS